Every week pastors around the world are praying, studying God’s Word, and waiting upon the Lord for a valuable message that they can deliver to God’s people. In many churches, the pastor’s message lived for that Sunday and was archived away perhaps never to be shared again.
Some churches have realized the value of recording their pastor’s messages on tapes or CDs. This is wonderful resource for people who were unable to attend services, but there is still a limitation on the sphere of people that can be reached. Purchasing multi-CD duplicators and buying large quantities of CDs can dip deeply into a church’s budget.
However, in recent years of technological advancements, the ability to publish quality messages online has become a wonderful tool for multiplying the sermon that the pastor has taken so much time, prayer and study to develop. Messages can be listened to by using any device that can connect to the internet, including cell phones!
Here is a Scripture we really love here at DM WebCreation. It colorfully paints the picture of what publishing sermons online can accomplish:
“The Lord gave the Word: Great was the company of those that published it” (Psalm 68:11).
- For Those Who Missed the Service. Those unable to attend the service can easily listen online. They do not have to wait for someone to send them a copy of the recorded message. (This is especially important when a pastor is teaching a series.)
- Spreading the Word. Posting sermons online allows people to easily share sermons with friends through email, Facebook or Twitter, or even by texting!
- Easy Distribution. Once you put the pieces in place, people can subscribe to your sermons. Each time a new message goes online, they can be notified and in some cases the sermons will automatically be loaded onto their portable players or phones.
- Listen Once Again. A good disciple of the God’s Word always needs to hear a message twice! (cf. John 9:37; John 8:31-32; Acts 17:11; 2 Tim 2:7,15) There are some sermons that are just so rich and deep that it’s hard to take it all in Sunday morning. Being able to listen to the sermon again at home, work or in the car can be invaluable.
- Promotional Purposes. More and more people are searching online to find new churches. Letting people listen to sermons right from your website gives them get a taste of the church culture, teaching style and the personality of the pastor.
- Historical Archiving. Remember that sermon from last year’s Christmas Eve service? Posting your sermons online gives your members, and your pastor, easy access to all past sermons; just a few clicks away. Of course this isn’t a definitive list, and the actual benefits to your congregation will come in varying degrees.
DM WebCreation has a deep passion to see churches publish the Word. Get in touch with us today and you will see how easy it is to make this happen with us. Your church – “city set upon a hill which cannot be hid” – can be a wonderful part of the “company” of those that multiply the publishing of God’s Word in a day and hour when it is needed more than ever! Visit our website for more information: DM-WebCreation.